It's road trip season and if you perhaps don't always follow the rules of the road -- this is for you!
Some road-warriors think they know their way around the law but some of these common methods can leave you flat when it comes to avoiding a ticket from the long arm of the law. Lifehacker.com put together a list that clears up some of the biggest ticket myths out there.
Here are the eight myths:
- Your ticket will be automatically dropped if officer fails to show for court
- "Radar inaccuracy" is a good defense in court
- Not signing the ticket or clerical errors on the ticket will get you off the hook
- Going with the "flow of traffic" is a valid reason for passing or speeding
- Ticket quotas mean you'll be more likely to get ticketed at the end of the month
- Traffic tickets don't transfer to other states
- It's illegal to drive barefoot
- You can keep a ticket off your record by paying a little extra in fines