HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) — Tropical Storm Pamela is rapidly strengthening in the Eastern Pacific and is expected to reach hurricane force sustained wind speeds over the next 24 hours. Major hurricane status is forecasted for Wednesday as the storm makes landfall along the west central coast of Mexico’s mainland.
As early as Tuesday night, Pamela will be passing just south out of the Baja Peninsula as a major hurricane. A tropical storm watch is currently in effect for this area. A hurricane watch is in effect for the west central coast of Mexico.
Once landfall occurs, life threatening flooding and the threat of landslides will be present.
The tropical moisture from Pamela will be interacting with a cold front passing through late week. This interaction will be amplifying our rain chances here in Texas Thursday and Friday.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.