HOUSTON (CW39) — Local sports teams are announcing their support and well wishes for the Pearland Little League team on advancing to the World Series. Rice, the Houston Texans, and Houston Astros are showing local support.
Houston Texans head coach Love Smith extending his best wishes for the Pearland Little League team winning!
Houston Texans coach Smith made the following statement about the team:
Let’s get to some of the really important things, like congratulating the Pearland Little League team on making the World Series. That’s pretty awesome. In between meetings, got a chance to watch a little bit of the game. Just exciting as much as anything. No matter what level you play, to get a chance to move up and play in something like that is pretty special. Can’t wait to see them kind of finish it up and bring it on home.Houston Texans Head Coach Lovie Smith
Houston Astros congratulated the team after their win Tuesday afternoon …
Rice baseball posted their support on Twitter with the following message of support:
On to Williamsport! Congratulations and Best Wishes to the Pearland Little League All-Stars! #RFNDRice Baseball Twitter
As the team makes their way to the World Series, support continues to grow locally as fans and supporters cheer them on via social media.
- “Real Talk Drives Real Change” tour encourages Houstonians to be financially savvy
- National Coffee Day: Where to get free or discounted coffee on Sept. 29
- Gabby Petito movie premieres Saturday
- Could Hurricane Ian become a Category 5 storm?
- Biden asks if lawmaker killed in August accident is in attendance at White House event
- Active shooter at Arkansas hospital, police confirm
- 7-year-old attacked by ‘aggressive mountain lion’ in California park
- Deputies involved in Tri-State Fair shooting ‘no-billed’ by Potter County Grand Jury