Cincinnati Reds announcer Thom Brennaman was pulled off air during a game after being caught using a homophobic slur.
Brennaman was broadcasting a double-header between the Reds and Royals Wednesday when he was overheard on a hot mic referring to a city as “one of the f** capitals of the world.”
The comments quickly went viral and then Brennaman tried to issue an apology pleading for forgiveness — as he was also calling a home run by a Reds player at the same time.
He then turned over the broadcast to a colleague and left the booth. The Reds announced his immediate suspension.
Do you think Brennaman should be fired?
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family friend reflects on her life, legacy
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- Texas Online Overtime | Season 2 – Week 4