The people who populate these programs often cook up colorful nicknames. Their unit patches are laden with cryptic clues about their mission. Lightning bolts are hints the program involves electronic warfare. Patches with six stars.
That is, five and one, are programs that hatched in Area 51. Also, there are inside jokes. NOYFB is a not so polite acronym telling people not to ask any questions. The names are often ominous and unforgettable.
Mystery Wire has the story:
- Towns near Big Bend notice spike in tourists, then COVID-19; warn future visitors about strained resources
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Man’s wife sells his PlayStation 5 after she discovers he lied and said it was an air purifier
- ‘COVID slide’: How parents can help children struggling with remote learning
- NASA: Mystery object is 54-year-old rocket, not asteroid