HOUSTON (CW39) – More than a dozen air carriers are restarting their international service at Houston airports following the huge decline in air travel during COVID-19.
In March, the aviation industry started experiencing a sharp decline in air service. At the height of the downturn in April, Houston experienced a 95% decline in air traffic.
When it comes to international service, now fourteen out of the twenty-two carriers that were serving Houston before the pandemic started are back in service.
CW39s Courtney Carpenter is at IAH this morning with updates on international flights and the safety measures you can expect to see at the airports.
- Lawmakers worried removing troops from Afghanistan will create space for terror groups
- LSU confirms body found in Mississippi River is missing LSU Student
- FBI: Mexican cartels recruiting members inside U.S. prisons
- Reality Star, other organizations help Winter Storm victims in Texas, across U.S.
- Weather – severe thunderstorm watch until 8 p.m.