HOUSTON (CW39) – A big rig plummets from I-45, leaving the freeway, falling 30 feet, into downtown Houston Friday morning. It happened around 2:30am, causing inbound closures throughout morning drive.
Cleanup crews are still on scene where the wreckage is along Franklin within downtown Houston.
Here’s a look at our coverage timeline as events progressed throughout the morning:
8:30 – Alleged wrong way driver Caused 18-wheeler to plummet from I-45 downtown CW39s Hannah Trippett has your alternate routes.
6:50 – The East Freeway westbound is seeing slowdowns.
6:18 – I-45 IB entrance closed from I-10 into downtown
6am – TRAFFIC ALERT – BIG RIG FALLS OFF FREEWAY – I-45 from I-10 SB into downtown effected all morning. CW39 Houston’s @CourtneyCW39 is LIVE all morning with a closer look to help you get into town. @Hannah_Trippett has your alternate routes.
- Houston Texans player tests positive for COVID-19
- Boys and Girls Club & Salvation Army hosts fall festival
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Houston Downtown District announces fall and winter schedule