7AM – A LOT of brake lights in the center of town after a big rig lost its large load of steel along I-69 southbound at south highway 288. CW39 reporter Sydney Simone is on scene all morning where that semi truck is still blocking all lanes.
It happened around 3:30a.m. Wednesday morning and is expected to delay traffic all morning long according to police. Right now, the mobility crew is putting out some lights and cones to block off even more areas around the scene.
The 288 connector appears to be open and it looks like that’s where the traffic is being re-routed onto. According to On-Scene news, the truck was carrying a load of about 45,000 pounds of heavy duty steel.
Wreckers that tow extremely large vehicles is in route to the scene to clean and help get that out of the way.
This is a developing story.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Biden maintains optimism on US economyWhile a lower-than-expected 210,000 jobs were added in November, the White House has an optimistic tone about the overall shape of the US economy.
- Lakewood Church mystery money discovered by plumber may be connected to 2014 heistHOUSTON (KIAH) – If you were in Houston in 2014, you may remember the mystery surrounding a huge amount of money that went missing from Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – that was never found. Now Houston Police say money and checks in envelopes have been found and have opened an investigation. However, they have not disclosed exactly how […]
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicronWhile federal health officials say they are monitoring the spread of the omicron variant of coronavirus, they are reminding people that delta is still the main threat in the United States and that getting vaccinated is still the best way to slow the spread and protect yourself.
- Shooting suspect’s parents bond set at combined $1M, plead not guiltyThe parents of the teenage suspect in the Oxford High School shooting were arrested overnight in Detroit, police confirmed to NewsNation.
- #ICYMI: Bulldog taken in home invasion, Houston firefighter passes away, man admits to burning businessesHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Robbers take bulldog in home invasion The search is on for a missing English bulldog after his owner was pistol whipped and robbed in a home invasion. It happened on Oct. 21 around noon at an apartment complex on Buffalo […]