On Wednesday, November 11, at 1:30 PM, the Harris County Veterans’ Court will hold a socially-distanced, “drive-by” graduation ceremony for folks who have successfully completed the Veterans’ Court program since the COVID pandemic began.
The Veteran’s Day car parade will allow each graduate and a few family members to drive past cheering members of their docket teams and receive their certificate, flag and coin from presiding Judge Erica Hughes.
The Veterans’ Court introduces therapy-based solutions into the criminal justice system to help break the cycle of incarceration for former members of the armed forces.
Justice Forward, a local nonprofit will also be a part of the parade. They fund essential services for specialty courts like the Veterans’ Court.
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Dish Network Removes Nexstar Local TV Stations In 115 Markets
- Opioid crisis has worsened during the pandemic, lawmakers fear
- House Committee presses Secretary Mnuchin and Federal Reserve Chair Powell on COVID-19 relief
- Democrats push Congress to act on COVID relief bill