HOUSTON (CW39) — UPDATE: CW39 has obtained video from a nearby dealership with the crash caught on camera.
Monday, an 18-wheeler hauling sand crashes into a passenger car and barrier wall then burst into flames at 69 & 6 Monday morning. Luckily everything has now been cleaned up and removed and all those lanes passing through Sugar Land are back open. The truck which also spilled fuel onto 69 shut down all inbound lanes from around 7am till a little after 12 noon. That’s when 2 lanes opened back up. However, it wasn’t until around 3pm that hazmat crews cleaned everything up and all lanes opened back up.
The accident caused delays for up to 40 minutes. Cars were diverted off 69 onto the feeder road and traffic crawled along from 6 all the way back to the Greatwood area. Hannah Trippett and Shannon LaNier covered the accident all morning and LaNier was live on the scene to bring you all the breaking news.
- Padilla: 700 military sites have toxic chemicals in water
- Bipartisan group calls for more provisions to protect military sexual assault survivors before NDAA vote
- Tornado flips school bus with driver inside
- Free adoptions this weekend at Best Friends Animal Society
- ‘Beernaments’ for sale: Miller Lite unveils drinkable Christmas ornaments