HOUSTON (CW39) — UPDATE: CW39 has obtained video from a nearby dealership with the crash caught on camera.
Monday, an 18-wheeler hauling sand crashes into a passenger car and barrier wall then burst into flames at 69 & 6 Monday morning. Luckily everything has now been cleaned up and removed and all those lanes passing through Sugar Land are back open. The truck which also spilled fuel onto 69 shut down all inbound lanes from around 7am till a little after 12 noon. That’s when 2 lanes opened back up. However, it wasn’t until around 3pm that hazmat crews cleaned everything up and all lanes opened back up.
The accident caused delays for up to 40 minutes. Cars were diverted off 69 onto the feeder road and traffic crawled along from 6 all the way back to the Greatwood area. Hannah Trippett and Shannon LaNier covered the accident all morning and LaNier was live on the scene to bring you all the breaking news.
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal
- $908B plan best hope for COVID-19 relief before end of year
- Lawmakers react to President Trump’s most recent assault on the election
- Watch All 12 Playbook: Iowa State just one win away from clinching spot in Big 12 Title Game
- Border cities report 74 new COVID-19 fatalities