HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) Good Friday morning to you. Unlike the last few days it’s going to be feeling pretty hot out there with temperatures likely reaching the 90 degree mark for the first time in a little while. That kind of heat this time of year is making a return. Now locally, pretty quiet weather this morning.
Little warmer down in Galveston at 78° right now.
We have several changes in our weather over the next several days.
Or our main story today is the return of the heat and humidity to near 90° this afternoon with the humidity it is going to feel like as high as 99° a little later on today.
Right now, the remnant low of Nicholas lingering around Louisiana, still providing some hefty downpours over the central Gulf Coast where some areas are still under a Flash Flood Watch.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- PHOTOS | Severe weather damage from north Harris County tornado Wednesday morningHOUSTON (KIAH) – Severe weather rolled through the local area Wednesday morning. CW39 was on scene where damage from wild winds moved through parts of north Harris County. SEVERE WEATHER COVERAGE | CW39 NO WAIT WEATHER + TRAFFIC Here are a few pictures of damage caused by a tornado that came through Airway Drive, Montgomery Road, and […]
- Astros giving back to Houston Area Women’s Center during Fall ClassicAstros to give a $25,000 grant that will go to Houston Area Women’s Center enrichment project.
- ‘Rust’ movie-set shooting: Authorities present findingsThe sequence of events has baffled Hollywood professionals and prompted calls to better regulate firearms of sets or even ban them in the age of seamless computer-generated imagery.
- Another shot? CDC says some people may need 4th COVID vaccine doseAs some people receive a third COVID vaccine dose, or booster shot, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now talking about a fourth dose.
- Newsfeed Now: FDA panel backs Pfizer’s low-dose COVID-19 vaccine for kids; Man shaves beard for toddler’s cancer treatmentWeekdays at 10:30 a.m. CST/11:30 a.m. EST, Newsfeed Now will be streaming the top stories in the U.S. utilizing our newsrooms across the country. If you miss the live report, you’ll be able to see a replay minutes after the stream ends.