HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) A change in the weather is right on our doorstep, with a cold front expected to slowly cross the area Wednesday through Thursday. Rain chances will gradually overspread the area and slowly increase through the day, with an expectation of widespread rain near the front scraping across the area Wednesday afternoon into tonight.
On Wednesday expect a chance of showers and thunderstorms with a high near 75 degrees and a low around 53 degrees. The chance of precipitation is 80% and new rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch are possible with, higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Drier, colder air moves in from north to south Thursday slowly turning off the rain tap as that drier air works in. Overnight, rain potential should be cut down to just portions of the coastal Gulf waters, with several days of fair weather ahead of us.
Expect crisp, cool autumn weather in the wake of the front, with some spots in Houston County well north of the Houston metro seeing their first temps below 40 degrees. Gradual warming will take place into next week, passing through seasonal averages to above average temperatures by the middle of next week.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Texas Women’s University students win NASA competitionHOUSTON (KIAH) – Five soon-to-be Texas Woman’s University graduates have a lot to be grateful for after a semester’s worth of work led to a creation that could one day play a crucial role in space exploration. They were the underdogs heading into the NASA-sponsored competition, but that didn’t hold them back. Here’s Allie Spillyards with that report…
- Rain chances for Houston and your 7-Day forecast for Nov. 30HOUSTON (KIAH) – CW39 chief meteorologist Adam Krueger has your 7-day forecast with details on when we can expect rain. Monday is when chances look to be the highest.
- #ICYMI: Lyft driver shot in robbery, man accused of shooting wife faces judge, man caught in crossfire hurtHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Lyft driver shot in attempted robbery A Lyft driver was shot by his passenger in a robbery in North Harris County. Deputies say the passenger jumped in the front seat and demanded money. The driver was shot in the […]
- Houston Weather | Dense fog advisories Tuesday morning Nov. 30HOUSTON (KIAH) – There are many dense fog advisories for our local and coastal areas till 9a.m.. Today’s fog is more dense than yesterday morning so look out on the roadways. WEATHER ALERTS –> Whether you go north, south, east or west, that’s where you’ll find some of the denser fog. It does exclude places like Galveston and […]
- Houston weather: tracking late-week rain and the next cold frontIsolated to scattered rain returns Friday and lasts into the weekend.