But although we have the the luxury of a retractable roof at Minute Maid Park, Mother Nature will still be more of a team player than she was in Chicago.
A strong cold front will dip through the state during the late Friday afternoon, providing chances for isolated showers and overcast skies. Temperatures for the day will be quite warm preceding the cold front in the upper 80s to near 90 for the high.
Rain abruptly comes to an end before the game starts. Winds will turn from southerly to northerly, and the temperatures will begin to fall. Skies will quickly clear with the gusty winds on the back side of the cold front.
Gusts can be expected to hit 20 miles per hour through the night. Light jackets will be a good idea if you have any plans for after the game.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Texans release veteran defensive lineman Whitney MercilusThe Houston Texans released long-time defensive star Whitney Mercilus as the team’s youth movement continues.
- No one fatally injured in small plane crash in Waller County at Houston Executive AirportRemnants of the MD-80 plane burned completely, with only the tail of the plane still mostly recognizable.
- Texas Republicans approve redistricting maps, but Houston Democrats could hold on to their seatsChanges coming for some Texans after Republicans approve redistricting map.
- Crime Tip Tuesday: Schools on high alert after TikTok challengesHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – Schools are on high alert after the latest TikTok challenges. These challenges encourage students to steal or vandalize school property, or even most recently to slap a teacher. Houston Happens host Maggie Flecknoe spoke with the CEO of Crime Stoppers of Houston Rania Mankarious about the dangers and consequences of these […]
- Newsfeed Now: Gabby Petito’s family wants ‘vengeance’ for her death; Angler catches rare catfish, releases it back into riverWeekdays at 10:30 a.m. CST/11:30 a.m. EST, Newsfeed Now will be streaming the top stories in the U.S. utilizing our newsrooms across the country. If you miss the live report, you’ll be able to see a replay minutes after the stream ends.