Locally, rain chances are in the forecast today, with thunderstorms bubbling up in the afternoon – same as yesterday. Not everyone will see it but there will be scattered storms in the afternoon tapering off by the evening. We’ll be topping out in the mid 90s, pretty muggy as well.
The heat index will reach 106° degrees. Here’s a look at that wild tornado video…
- DPS, TMD to give updates Operation Lone Star at first briefingWESLACO, Texas (ValleyCentral) — The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Texas Military Department (TMD) will host a briefing Thursday morning to give updates on the progress of Operation Lone Star. Officials from both entities will share numbers from the operation from around the state of Texas. A release mentions they will also […]
- Holiday Gift IdeasHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – The holidays will be here before we know it. We’re already making our list and checking it twice. ChicExecs’ lifestyle expert, Kiley Thomas, joins Maggie Flecknoe on Houston Happens with six great gift items for the holidays. Here’s a peek at the brands featured in the segment. Gleam Be a gift-giving pro with the help […]
- Watch Big Game Bound week 2: Edgerrin James discusses Hall of Fame journeyINDIANAPOLIS – Week one of the new NFL season didn’t disappoint with a couple of big upsets and a wild Monday night game. Week two will try to top it with another full 16-game slate. “Big Game Bound” previews this weekend’s matchups. Host Chris Hagan of FOX59 talks with WHMT’s Damon Turbitt about Sunday night’s showdown […]
- Harmony Public Schools offering virtual learningHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – Soon students at Harmony Public Schools will be able to learn virtually but they must meet certain requirements. The announcement for the online learning option is the result of the signing of Senate Bill 15 (SB15) by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott last week. It provided funding for Texas public schools that […]
- City of Seabrook unable to help with Hurricane Nicholas storm clean-upHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – The city of Seabrook says it’s not removing storm debris from homes impacted by Hurricane Nicholas. Although Texas Governor Greg Abbott and Seabrook Mayor Thom Kolupski issued disaster declarations, the Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) did not issue a disaster declaration for Texas. Without that FEMA disaster declaration, the city of […]