A local mom wants to teach children about how storms are named.
Julie Beasley talks to Maria Sotolongo about her new book called “My name is a Hurricane?”. It follows the story of a boy who finds out he shares his name with a hurricane. He wonders why this happened, and whether he should change his name. It’s a sweet, fun story that’s also educational.
Beasly wrote another book about weather, called “H is for Harvey”, which helped kids focus on the positive aspects of the storm. She told Maria that she didn’t set out to write another book about hurricanes. It happened organically, and we’re so glad it did. You can pre-order now on amazon, and it will be out in August at Barnes and Noble as well.
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Trump’s unemployment benefit orders ‘are complete mess’
- Homeowners Building ‘Quarantine Friendly Kitchens’
- Locals Start ‘Save Our Town’ Movement!
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins