TEXAS CITY, TX (CW39) The Texas Gulf Coast Red Cross is continuing to provide shelter for Texas City residents affected by last week’s tornado that ripped through the community displacing dozens of families.
Since this sheltering operation has begun, 39 virtual and in-person Red Cross workers have responded, more than 3,300 meals and snacks have been served, and more than 160 disaster health and mental health contacts have been made, according to Red Cross officials. In addition, the Red Cross continues to provide personal protective equipment to clients in line with proper COVID-19 guidelines.
For any residents that still need assistance from the Red Cross can contact them at www.redcross.org.
- SCOTUS considers Arizona voting rights case as House lawmakers debate bill expanding access to polls
- FBI director warns of increasing threat of white extremists
- Biden involved with Senate Dems to pass $1.9T relief package
- South Texas border county judge opposes lifting mask mandate
- Texas lawmaker concerned about COVID-19 risk at the border