HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) We’re tracking Tropical Storm Nicholas. It could make landfall as soon as this afternoon or tonight along the middle Texas coast between Corpus and Galveston. That leaves us on the wet side of the storm period. CW39 Chief meteorologist Adam Krueger has this look at heavy winds headed our way.
Plus, your 7-Day forecast!
- Parliamentarian dashes Senate Dems immigration hopesLate Sunday evening, the Senate parliamentarian ruled Democrats cannot include sweeping immigration reform measures in their budget proposal using reconciliation because the measure isn’t really about the budget.
- Motivational Monday: 17-yr-old girl creates innovative LoveMySkin™ appHOUSTON (CW39) – Audrey Ajakaye is not your typical 17-year-old. The senior at The Village School not only created an innovative app to help others navigate racial and societal pressures but has taken her innovation across the globe to Nigeria. Audrey developed the LoveMySkin™ app to give voice to everyone suffering from skin conditions and […]
- New Jersey officer catches 1-month-old baby thrown from balconyJERSEY CITY, N.J. — Jersey City police officers were hailed heroes this weekend after they quickly sprung into action to catch a 1-month-old baby who was thrown from a balcony. Officer Eduardo Matute was among several officers who responded to the scene on Saturday after someone called police and reported a child was in danger, […]
- Texans’ Taylor injured, further muddying QB situationCLEVELAND (AP)- Houston’s messy quarterback situation got messier. Tyrod Taylor suffered a hamstring injury in the first half and didn’t return after halftime, forcing the Texans to play rookie Davis Mills the entire second half of a 31-21 loss to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. Taylor, who has been slowed by injuries the past few […]
- Thousands of New Jobs in Texas in AugustHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) The Texas Workforce Commission reports an August one-month record 5,500 new jobs in the Business and Professional Services Sector. This comes as with West Texas Intermediate Crude trading above $72 on Friday. Overall, the Houston area added 4,800 jobs last month, according to data released by Workforce Solutions. An economist with the workforce development agency […]