HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) Update on our weather right now — We’re going to start with the tropics because we’re still of course in hurricane season but in the gulf and the Caribbean things are quiet right now.
Meanwhile major hurricane Sam is still going strong in the Atlantic and then behind it closer to Africa, two disturbances that show high potential to both becoming named storms. Already 19 named storms so far this season with a couple more to come – at least likely.
10-Day forecast for Houston
Rain is the big story for us locally. Not just today but over the next several days. That doesn’t mean it’s going to constantly rain all day. However, there will be scattered showers and storms pretty likely all the week through Saturday.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.