Victor officially formed Wednesday evening and is the 20th named storm this year. It’s staying in the middle of the Atlantic though, and that makes it the third most active hurricane season in the Atlantic on record.
We still have a little ways to go, as hurricane season wraps up at the end of November.
Here at home, storms are in the forecast for the rest of the week. Scattered in nature later today, with an increase in rain for Friday and Saturday. There will be still some rain on Sunday, but it shuts off by Monday.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Brian Laundrie update: Remains found in Florida park identified as Gabby Petito’s fiancéAfter more than a month of searching, the remains of Brian Laundrie were found in the Carlton Reserve on Wednesday, the FBI has confirmed.
- Democrats push for ERA ratification; Republicans call it ‘redundant’Members of Congress say discrimination against women is a constant issue in the United States.
- Lawmakers concerned FAA not implementing safety reformsOn the three year anniversary of the first 737 max jet crash lawmakers in Washington held a hearing due to concerns that require safety reforms aren’t being implemented by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Garland defends DOJ monitoring violence against school officialsAttorney General Merrick Garland was grilled for hours by lawmakers Thursday as he defended a recent Department of Justice decision to monitor threats of violence against local school officials.
- Judge denies Paxton’s motion to dismiss whistleblower lawsuit from former OAG employeesAUSTIN (Nexstar) — On Thursday, the Texas Third Court of Appeals ruled in favor of former employees of the Office of the Attorney General, who were fired after blowing the whistle on Attorney General Ken Paxton for alleged corruption. The panel of judges ruled that the Texas Whistleblower Act protects those employees’ action, reaffirming a […]