HOUSTON (KIAH) — A wind advisory spans several states this Thursday as a powerful area of low pressure moves from the central U.S. to the eastern U.S. It’s the same low that brought a cold front with severe storms yesterday.
Even stronger winds, gusting up to 60 mph, will impact the Texas Panhandle, along with parts of Oklahoma and Kansas, where a high wind warning is in effect.
Our strongest winds occur today, but it still remains breezy Friday with gusts 20 to 30 mph at times. By the weekend, winds will subside.
Aside from the wind, beautiful fall-like weather is here for several days. Low humidity will accompany cool temps with highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. In fact, Saturday morning will bring temps in the 40s for most of our area outside of the city of Houston.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Biden maintains optimism on US economyWhile a lower-than-expected 210,000 jobs were added in November, the White House has an optimistic tone about the overall shape of the US economy.
- Lakewood Church mystery money discovered by plumber may be connected to 2014 heistHOUSTON (KIAH) – If you were in Houston in 2014, you may remember the mystery surrounding a huge amount of money that went missing from Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – that was never found. Now Houston Police say money and checks in envelopes have been found and have opened an investigation. However, they have not disclosed exactly how […]
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicronWhile federal health officials say they are monitoring the spread of the omicron variant of coronavirus, they are reminding people that delta is still the main threat in the United States and that getting vaccinated is still the best way to slow the spread and protect yourself.
- Shooting suspect’s parents bond set at combined $1M, plead not guiltyThe parents of the teenage suspect in the Oxford High School shooting were arrested overnight in Detroit, police confirmed to NewsNation.
- #ICYMI: Bulldog taken in home invasion, Houston firefighter passes away, man admits to burning businessesHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Robbers take bulldog in home invasion The search is on for a missing English bulldog after his owner was pistol whipped and robbed in a home invasion. It happened on Oct. 21 around noon at an apartment complex on Buffalo […]